MINUTES: May 1, 2008
LOCATION: Sacheen Fire Station
The meeting was called to order at 7:07 by Chairman
Ron Schmidt with Commissioner Storms present. Commissioner Anderson was absent. The minutes of the April 17 meeting were read
and approved with no corrections or additions.
Letter from Mike Ormsby as follow up
with meeting of the 25th
Copy of WASWD “Pipeline”
- The Comprehensive Plan has been approved by
the Department of Ecology pending its approval by the District Board.
- Motion was made, seconded and passed to approve
the Comprehensive Plan as submitted by Sewell Engineering.
- Sheila will contact Cynthia Wall from DOE
with notice of the Board's approval.
- Sheila informs the Board that we have approval
to access the Kopp property for site investigation.
Jeff says that he already walked the property with Bill Lands on Sunday.
- Both Jeff and Sheila wrote up draft access
agreements for downstream. After discussion, it was decided that Sheila will combine elements of the two and send them to
all downstream property owners between the Fertile Valley bridge and the barrier dam. Sheila will verify addresses and then
- Discussion was had regarding the access agreement
with the Sterling/Johnsons.
Jeff feels that in all the years since
the installation of the bigger tubes we have never used their property for access.
Jeff feels that Silver City has made
great efforts to accommodate us and have been good neighbors.
Not one believes that they ever go onto
the Sterling/Johnson property
Sterling/Johnson property has lots of
Suggestion made that we move the tubes
over to the Silver City side of the dam
Sally Storms says she wants none of her
tax dollars to pay for access
Mike Kanyer says that there are enough
hard feelings between "us" and the Sterling/Johnson's that we should go work with Silver City
Also states that he will not try to undermine
that District in paying Darrell for hours he works on lake level, but that the Board will hear about it forever if we agree
to the access agreement with them
Jill Short notes that as Darrell stated
at the Watershed meeting that this is not a punitive effort, but one that Mary & Darrell feel is necessary because of the
activity in and around their property. " as in their back yard.
- Jeff made a motion to table the Sterling/Johnson access agreement to the next meeting. The motion was seconded and
passed. We will revisit at the May 15 meeting.
- Sally Storms noted that she got several copies of
the mailer from the District while Lori Storms says she did not receive one. Sheila will check her list for duplication.
- Sheila presented a draft of the income survey
that RCAC would send out to District residents. After discussion it was decided that the survey should not be sent out until
after the May 24 meeting in which more information is presented to residents.
- Watershed Group update-it was agreed by that group
to allow Byrony to write the grant for the money allocated for beaver mitigation. She is presently gathering numbers to put
together to formulate the grant.
- It was noted that many in attendance at the
Board meeting also opposed use of the CTED monies to pay for any access agreement.
- Sheila suggested that since Darrell Johnson has been
working to keep the tubes clear since February 24 that the Board consider paying him retroactively to that date. She will
find out from Darrell how many hours that would be before the Board approves.
- Present lake level is 9.4.
- Question was presented as to whether all the small
public access lots that are being proposed to be opened up would be required to have sewer hook-up if/when we construct a system around
- Sheila noted that there has been no new information
regarding status of Cedar Creek from County officials.
The next meeting will be May 15 @4:00. The meeting
was adjourned at 8:50 pm.
Sheila Pearman, Managing Secretary